Tuesday 28 October 2008

Bruised Knees

It's a good job I don't have a long commute to work if I can manage this lot in half an hour. I took a different route to the car park last night and found a five bar wooden gate blocking my way. After attempting to open it I decided just to climb over, but it all went horribly wrong. While trying to jump down my foot slipped, my ankle twisted and I landed on my knees on some concrete, hence the bruises (as usual they look far more impressive in real life than in this photo). It must have looked damn funny to the guys walking behind me, but credit to them they asked if I was alright and then opened the gate! They must have saved their laughing until I was out of ear shot, or maybe they didn’t laugh at all, but they probably did, I would have! Then on the way home I spotted three deer on the side of the road, I managed to pretty much stop the car before they ran across the road but I think I hit one of them. Well the deer more kinda ran into the car than I hit it. By the time I had reversed up a bit to check I wasn’t about to run over the body of a deer all three had gone. At home I alone seemed to be more concerned about the deer than the car.

I spent the best part of this morning prancing around the house in my Karen Millen dress and new shoes. Decided I’m going to wear it to the staff Christmas party. Right off to work now, wish me luck!

No comments: