Friday 15 January 2010

Vintage Sewing Patterns

A few weeks ago I spotted a statsh of old sewing patterns in a basket at one of my local charity shops. I flicked through them at the time but couldn't remember my measurements so didn't buy any in case they wouldn't fit. Anyway several weeks later I finally got round to going back with my measurements memorised as a result of looking for a dress form. To my great surprise all the patterns were still there! I got these two (both my size) for just 25p each! What a bargin! I have no idea when I am going to make these but I'm sure I'll get round to it eventually. I really like the bow detail and the ruffles or pleats at the shoulders on the style dress. I'm not sure about having the zipper at the front though. I'll probably make it once and then try to move the zipper to the back if I don't like it. The Butterick pattern screams 80's at me and not in a good way but I like the shape of the skirt which I think I'll make shorter and the shirt pattern should be good for making some casual shirts and dresses for the summer.

No comments: