Monday 1 December 2008

Charity Shop Finds Part One

As promised a list of all my charity shop finds. Though I'm going to have to split this post into about four parts as there are quite a few. I can't remeber the exact prices of all the pieces but I'll make a good guess to demonstrate what bargins they were.

Brown leather bag, had a small rip in the lining which I fixed easily, cost £5.50 I think.


Size 20 top worn as dress. I experimented with wearing it with a waist belt to give it more shape, which is fine so long as I don't want to lift my arms up. If I do the sleeves pulls the hem right up to my hips, which is needless to say a little revealing. Luckily I'm a fan of the shapeless look too. The seam had come apart around the bottom but I fixed it relatively easily using a bit of iron on interfacing to stick the fabric together and then sewing. I think it coast £6.50.

The only pair of shoes I've ever found in a charity shop in my size! £3.50


Fake pearl necklace. It has some kind of coating on the beads which is partially scratched off on everyone and makes it feel kind of sticky but I love its vintage look. Was probably about £2.

Black, white and gold patterned dress. I'm hoping I will be able to alter the hem on this to take it above the knees and make the dress look fresher, but I'm a bit scared in case I mess it up. Cost £4.25.

No comments: