Tuesday 23 December 2008

Quizness

I haven't done one of these for AGES! Here is a round up of 2008 in quiz form...

END OF THE YEAR MEMORIES

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Gone on a holiday without an authority figure of some sort. Stayed in a tent for more than one night. Been to a music festival. Had a one night stand. Graduated.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did indeed, for the first time ever! And yes I will, really going to give up smoking this time!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No
5. What countries did you visit?
Just Greece.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More travelling and hopefully by the end of 2009 a job to begin my career.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
None in particular, will mostly remember graduating, holiday, reading and some of the better nights out through the year.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating with a first! Although I kinda owe that to the last three years.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Inappropriate men.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My black skinny jeans, they go with everything!!

12. Who made you laugh the most?
Kate, as always! The latest text, ‘it looks like a spaz with a sellotape fetish wrapped it’

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
There is someone who I don’t think is treating a friend well, and I never expected it of them, but I don’t want to meddle…

14. Where did most of your money go?
Clothes and shoes as always, maybe alcohol, but then I always drink the cheap stuff, recently and rather boringly it as been petrol!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going travelling with Global Xchange in March 2009 and going to see Santa today at work, I felt 6 years old again!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
The entire Pendulum album and flo rida, low, just because it was playing EVERYWHERE on our girly holiday, ah the drunken pole dancing memories it brings back…

17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
I’ve had my ups and downs, but I’m in more or less the same place this year as I was last.

17i. Thinner or fatter?
I weigh more but I think I look thinner, woo for the gym, I should really go again…

17ii. Richer or poorer?
Richer for now thanks to the job, but my student debt is bigger.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spending time with friends.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying.

20. How are you spending Christmas?
With the family, back in the Essex homeland.

21. How many one night stands have you had?
Depends how you define them, 0 to 3.

22. What was your favorite TV program(s)?
Gossip girl, heroes, desperate housewives and ugly betty. I stopped watching greys anatomy because it got too depressing and where I stopped I can pretend there is a happy ending.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope

24. What was the best book you read?
I only read a few books for pleasure this year and they were all average.

25. What did you want and get?
A first! And some of the afore mentioned dalliances.

26. What did you want and not get?
A job at the council. It was back to Centre Parcs for me!

27. What was your favorite film of this year?
I’m not that into films, the only film I saw at the cinema this year was The Dark Knight, so we’ll just say that one shall we?

28. What did you do on your birthday?
Went out with friends, I couldn't really remember so I looked it up in my diary;
'I turned 21, it was uneventful.'
Well there you go then.

29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
I don’t have one! I could never settle on just one style.

30. What kept you sane?
Getting away from campus for horse riding once every week.

31. What political issue stirred you the most?
The bloody credit crunch!

32. Who was the best new person you met?
Mostly people I’ve worked with. The people at Language Study Centres with a couple of exceptions, *cough Irene* and the pre-bookings girls. I can’t choose just one person!

33. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
I’ve not really learnt anything new, just revised some old lessons and continued to ignore them!

34. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Gees this one is hard!
'You must have known the storm was coming
when the clouds appeared
May as well let the rain come down
And join the circus of people
While you're there’
Penedulum, The Tempest, mostly because I’ve kinda loved Pendulum this year

No comments: