Friday 2 January 2009

New Year's Outfit

I didn't end up taking a picture of it in the end because it turned out to be something of a last minute decision. You know when you picture that perfect outfit in your head but when you put it on it's just al wrong? Well thats what happened to me. I was going to wear the dark green dress I sewed a while back with a waist belt, black tights, and my fake fur coat. I was aiming for understated glamour, but somehow the dress, wasit belt combo just wasn't working. In the end I wore this black dress...


(sorry for the photo it's cropped from one I stole from facebook)
...With the black tights, fake fur coat, black nail polish and some really dark berry red lipstick I purchased that day. My mother thought I didn't have on enough eye makeup to balance the lips but I'd always learnt that you made up lips OR eyes not both. I think I did the right thing ignoring her advice. I seem to have developed a penchant recently for things I can't keep on more than 5 minutes. The minute my lipstick feels dry or I eat or drink anything I find myself wiping the back of my hand across my mouth and if I don't smudge or chip it in the first 10 minutes I will certainly have chewed all my nail varnish off by the end of the night. Eating all those chemicals can't be doing me any good!

No comments: