Sunday, 11 April 2010

Week Six Refashions / What I'm Working On

Actually there are no refashions this week but I am working on a 'from scratch' project. Huberta models a little preview below. I made the pattern myself based on this top, though I changed the neckline, and all the fabric I used is scraps from other projects. I actually had a bit of a problem with the fabric but everything turned out well in the end. I originally intended to make the top entirely from the grey fabric until I realsied that no matter how I laid out the pattern I wasn't going to have enough. I considered giving up on the whole thing for a while before having the idea of cutting the front of the pattern into strips and using a second fabric. It turned out much better than I expected, much more interesting than a plain grey top. I will add a picture which will hopefully show more clearly what I did once the top is finished. To finish it I still need to hem the bottom and bind the neck and arm holes. I am going to make my own bias binding for the first time!

1 comment:

bored london gurl said...

can't wait to see it when it's finished! looks great so far