Monday 4 January 2010

Baby Doll Top

I've been doing some sewing, albeit competely seasonally inappropriate. I'm trying my best to get through my stash before I let myself buy any new fabric. I had this fabric left over from a dress I made based on Burdastyle's Anda pattern (blogged here) and thought it would be well suited to a summery baby doll top. I more or less followed a video tutorial by GiannyL which you can find here. Had one little hiccup. See that split in the side? I never planned for it to be there but when I was mesuring myself up for this top I forgot that my bust is smaller than my hips so it was either cut it a lot shorter or muddle my way through creating a split. Overall I am pretty pleased with it especially given how quick easy and cheap to was to make.

p.s. I'm wearing one of the puzzle pendants that I made for myself in the pictures.

No comments: