Monday 14 December 2009

Quick Refashion

Found this knit dress languishing in a wardrobe at my grandmothers house. I'm told that it used to be my aunts. It wasn't really doing it for me as a dress so I decided to take a pair of scissors to it. Didn't occur to me until after that maybe my aunt had been keeping it for some special reason. Ah well lets just hope she never finds out.

All I did was cut off the bottom and re-hem. I was pretty nervous about it as I've never swen knits before. I believe that you are meant to use a zig-zag stitch but I used a straight stitch, because I thought it would look better on a hem, stretched the frabric as the machine sewed it and hoped for the best. Luckily everything went swimmingly. I'm also using the matching scarf as a kind of obi belt in this photo.

No comments: