Wednesday 9 December 2009

Two Posts Today Because I Am Super Bored

I was so bored that I was playing the google game with myself. Type the start of a word or sentence into the search bar and marvel at google's suggestions. Anyway the word 'cut', I wasn't actually playing the game at this moment but looking for the cut out and keep website, results with the suggestion of 'cute love quotes'. This will be funny in a really cringe worthy way I thought. But as it turns out I actually really like http://www.1-love-quotes.com/ 's favourite description of love from the movie Captain Corelli's Mandolin:

"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two." -St. Augustine

To redeem myself there is also this lot

"If i has to choose between loving you, and breathing. I would use my last breath to say I LOVE YOU." Submitted by a member. Even I can see some poor usage of the English language there.

"When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams."

"We were given: Two hands to hold. To legs to walk. Two eyes to see. Two ears to listen. But why only one heart? Because the other was given to someone else. For us to find."

No comments: