Monday 25 January 2010

Two New Things

So remember these? The bleached black skinny jeans that turned yellow? Well I gave them a spin in the washing machine with a packet of Dylon antique grey and they are no longer yellow.

They are not entirely what I imagined when I first got the bleach out, I was thinking more along the lines of a distressed light grey look, but they are certainly more wearable than when they were yellow. In fact I wore them on Saturday with another recent refashion.

Jacket Next
T-Shirt
New Look
Scarf
Me
Jeans
New Look, Bleached and Dyed by Me
Boots
Jane Shilton

A circle
scarf made from the bottom of this velvet dress. This turned out to be harder to make than I thought it would be. Originally I sewed it right sides together into a tube and then tried to turn it the right way round but I kept ending up with tube inside a tube for reasons I can't understand so I had to unpick the whole lot and sew it wrong sides together. What should have been a 5 minute project took around 2 hours.

No comments: