Saturday 5 June 2010

Pleated Skirt Refashion

I bought this skirt ages ago in a charity shopping spree intending to refashion it as part of my wardrobe refashion pledge. That didn't happen but I have finally got around to it.

Here's a reminder of the original skirt.

Shirt Marks & Spencers
Skirt Refashioned by Me


I cut it off above the knee and rehemmed it. Not as easy as usual given the pleats. Hemming and ironing pleats, not a great deal of fun, but it turned out better than expected.

T-Shirt Dorothy Perkins
Skirt Refashioned by Me
Shoes New Look
Necklace Can't remember

Above are a couple of ways I might wear it. A work wear inspired look and a bright and colourful one. The one thing I definiately don't want to do is go teaming it with a t-shirt and trainers. Not unless I want to look like my old gym teacher who lived in her netball skirts. What do you think? Does it work or do I look like I've come straight from a P.E. lesson?

3 comments:

Orphin Lasz said...

Woah! You're talented!
That skirt looks totally awesome. The pleating is great and fits you just right! c:

~ Orphin's Domains ~

Callipygian said...

I like both looks, especially the bright one.

Unknown said...

I like it with the pink top and yellow shoes. Kudos to you for having the patience to hem a skirt with that many pleats! Turned out very nice.